Grants for Warmer Homes

Energy companies are obliged under the Government’s ‘Energy Company Obligation’ to provide energy saving measures to homes, depending on what type of home you live (the fabric of the walls), what type of benefits you may have, or which area you live.

Help from your energy supplier: the Affordable Warmth Obligation

You might be able to get help for energy-saving improvements to your home if you’re on certain benefits and own or privately rent your home.

You may get all or part of the cost of:

  • insulation work, eg to your loft or cavity walls
  • replacing or repairing your boiler – or other upgrades to your heating

For further information, contact the company you pay your energy bills to or please visit the Energy Saving Trust website.